Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Forts / Clubhouses:

I never had a fort / clubhouse as a kid. None of my neighbors did. A friend of a friend had one, but he's the only one I knew who did. I would have loved something like the one pictured above (well, with bathroom facilities of course...). You can find the above plan here.

14 comments:

Jim @ CoolStuffForDads.com said...

Not even a tree house?

Gilligan said...

It's so elaborate that it would seem to take the fun out of it. This thing just needs a walk-in closet and a garden tub to be complete.

The joy is in making it and PRETENDING... a lost art.

joe said...

Man... you guys are a tough crowd....

joe said...

... maybe I'll find a pic of a cardboard box somewhere.. would that make you happy???

Retro Hound said...

We had a sort of club house in the loft of the garage. In Tulsa, there's only a few months when that's bearable. Most of the time the front porch had to do.

joe said...

I would imagine that would be hot...

joe said...

... although Gilligan might approve...
.. as long as it didn't have a walk-in closet and a garden tub..
;^)

Jim @ CoolStuffForDads.com said...

We did have a tree house. I also remember a few forts that were located in a cluster of some trees lumped together.

Marissa said...

Cardboard box? In that case, all the homeless people downtown have magnificent forts and clubhouses. Their schizophrenia gives them joy in pretending.

grannyann said...

That is neat and I like my tree house pics (although I won't have either.) growing up we usually found somewhere to call it a clubhouse (usually a box or the card table with a sheet thrown over it.

Gilligan said...

Sorry. I get cranky mid-afternoon.

I still say the crappier the fort the better. The neighborhood one my kids play in would make a Hatian refugee camp look like the ritz.

A cardboard box would make me happy, as long as it's tattered, wet and covered in human excrement... well, maybe not the excrement part, but you get my point.

joe said...

I screwed up in my post. I meant that if it was going to be used as an overnight bunkhouse, then i'd need bathroom facilities. As a clubhouse, not. my bad. So Gilligan did have a valid point (c:

joe said...

.. except for that "excrement" feature... hah

Redsoxfan said...

We had one for a short time, we were raising chickens and we had a building they lived in but our dog started to like chicken and my dad got rid of them and let us make a fort out of the building. Just one room with some shelves and smelled like chicken poop but as gilligan says you had to use your imagination.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails