Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Quotes from 'Private Benjamin', one of my all-time faves:

Judy Benjamin: I think they sent me to the wrong place.
Capt. Lewis: Uh-huh.
Judy Benjamin: See, I did join the army, but I joined a *different* army. I joined the one with the condos and the private rooms.
------------------------------
Judy Benjamin: To be truthful with you, I can't sleep in a room with 20 strangers.
Capt. Lewis: Oh dear.
Judy Benjamin: And I mean look at this place. The army couldn't afford drapes? I'll be up at the crack of dawn here!
------------------------------
Judy Benjamin: Have you seen the bathroom?
Capt. Lewis: Do you think that the latrine... do you think that it's unsanitary?
Judy Benjamin: It's disgusting! There are *urinals* in there!

9 comments:

Keith said...

I love that movie. I haven't seen it in years though.

Jenny said...

This is a good movie. I'm in the mood for Harold and Maude though. That never fails.

joe said...

Keith: I laughed my ass of when I saw that scene for the first time.

Jenny: That's true. While P.B. was excellent, Harold and Maude was better.

Jim @ CoolStuffForDads.com said...

Goldie Hawn was in several movies we liked back then. Not sure they were all great but we liked them and she was entertaining. This was a classic.

Marissa said...

That was a funny movie. I'll have to rent it again. Goldie Hawn is such a cutie, even today.

grannyann said...

I liked that movie and probably saw it several times. My MOST FAV was the M*A*S*H movie and tv series. I have every episode on vcr tape in the order made with titles BEFORE each episode was full of commercials. Someday I will tell you about my collection.

Miss Alex said...

OMG I love this movie... Only it's been YEARS since I've seen it wow

Oh Goldie I so liked "Laugh In" Goldie

joe said...

Jim: Goldie always did well playing that kind of character. I liked her in "Overboard" too.

Marissa: Yes, she was. She's great.

Ann: I love MASH, but I have a hard time finding someone to watch it with. None of my family likes it. Losers.

Miss Alex: She was so cute back then.

Redsoxfan said...

I was in love with goldie hawn and jodie foster.

Related Posts with Thumbnails