Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Monday, June 15, 2009

BTW:

Does anyone know whatever happened to Diana Canova??? Anyone?????? She was so damn cute..

13 comments:

teri said...

according to imdb.com, she's still working in the film industry.

she was adorable, wasn't she?

joe said...

She had a really cute voice too. I think she was Danny Thomas's daughter.

grannyann said...

She is the daughter of Judy Canova, remember the lady with the price tag dangling from her hat.

joe said...

No, that was Minnie Pearl.. on Hee Haw..

grannyann said...

You are right. I got her mixed up because of what was listed:
Mini Biography

Raucous singing and yodeling and loads of cornpone humor was pretty much the whole shebang when it came to singer/comedienne Judy Canova. Her outlandish country bumpkin image may be considered tacky and/or offensive by today's measure, but back in the 1930s and 1940s it worked. By the time she was finished after five decades, Judy had scored in almost every major area of entertainment there was -- vaudeville, nightclubs, recording, Broadway, radio, film and TV.

joe said...

I wish I could yodel.... but I can't..

Scott said...

I remember her being on a tv special in the 70's. It was a showcase for new performers. I think she sang a song and performed in a skit. My mom told me that she was related to the previous owners of our house and had most likely been in our house at one time or another. I was in heaven! My first celebrity moment.

Jim @ CoolStuffForDads.com said...

She was cute, although I never watched a lot of "Soap"...

joe said...

Scott: I remember her most from a tv show in the very early 80's that didn't last. She was a single mom. She had one daughter and the kid was sort of cute/annoying...

Jim: she was on Soap???

Jim @ CoolStuffForDads.com said...

That's what I read, looks like she did some episodes for Love Boat and Fantasy Island also.

joe said...

... although I kind of see a "Minnie Pearl family resemblance"..

Redsoxfan said...

Read about her at this website,
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0134409/

Dartman said...

She's currently living in CT. She teaches drama at a high school and sings in various clubs with a piano player.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails