Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A post-70's remembrance:

I attended Fort Walton Beach High School in Fort Walton Beach Florida from 1984 to 1986 (the year I graduated). One day, a few friends and I decided we either didn't like the lunches we brought, or what the cafeteria was serving, so we ordered a pizza.
From Domino's.
Because they delivered.
We waited at the front entrance of the school for the delivery guy. After he came and we paid, and after he left the parking lot monitors drove up and told us this was basically forbidden, but if we gave them each a slice they'd let us break the rules just that once. So we "bought them off" for 2 slices of pizza.
We ate it in the cafeteria.
Best school lunch I ever had.

7 comments:

SkipFish Music said...

Are you sure it was not 1982, Mr. Spicoli?

joe said...

Nope. 1986. True story.

grannyann said...

I was always the one who liked the food in the cafeteria. wonder why?

joe said...

The main problem I had with cafeteria lunches was that they never gave me enough. I was always hungry after.

blueroc85 said...

We had open campus lunch in the small town I grew up in. We could go to one of two cafes or over to Huck's for subs, godfather's pizza, sandwiches, chicken, etc. The only stipulation was that we could not drive to our destination only walk. We didn't have any pizza delivery places in town or we probably would have tried that too!

Hairball said...

Good story!

I was lucky enough to have a car in high school so I normally ate off campus. There was a pizza place near school that we ate at sometimes.

*contemplates making homemade pizza for tonight's dinner*

joe said...

Blueroc: That must've been nice. I'm so happy for you.
;^)

Hairball: I had a car too. For 1 month. Then I totalled it on a telephone pole..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails