Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Saturday, July 11, 2009

True, this isn't about the 70's, but hey it's my site:

I've always considered the early to mid-80's to be pop culture's vanilla years - bland, white bread, etc. One exception was Nickelodeon's "You can't do that on television". I watched it when I came home from school. The character i liked best was Lisa Ruddy (the motormouth. She's the one in the bottom pic on the far left, next to "Moose"). I had a minor crush on that chick.

24 comments:

Hairball said...

I loved when they dumped the slime and buckets of water on people!

joe said...

Remember the line "Don't encourage him, dear"..

Hairball said...

Yep!

Some Guy said...

This show was a classic, full of gross-out humor!

joe said...

Remember Barf Burgers?? Or was it Barth burgers. Either way I don't think I'd ever order one.

Jeve (aka John and Steve) said...

HA! That's awesome. Thanks for the trip to memory lane.

teri said...

I caught this show every so often, too. Even though I was older, it was intriguing.

joe said...

Jeve: You're welcome!

Teri: Hey, it's okay to admit that you liked this show! Go ahead, admit it! Say it. Say, "I'm Teri, and I loved this show". Go ahead, you know you want to...

jbfunky said...

The show did debut in 1979, so technically it does qualify as 70s nostalgia.

That being said, I loved that show...too bad kids programming is nowhere near as funny and creative like YCDTOTV.

joe said...

Thanks JB. Yes, kids today don't know what they're missing. I wouldn't want to be a kid today for anything.

Gilligan said...

Moose was m'lady. Don't let the name fool anyone - she was a fox.

teri said...

I didn't LOVE it. the characters were interesting and of course I loved the green slime.

joe said...

Gil: She seemed the most intelligent of the bunch.

Teri: I loved the slime. I wonder if that's what inspired the green ghost character on ghostbusters that slimed people it touched.

Kimberly said...

Love the show...what was the phrase that = slime? "I don't know"?

joe said...

Yeah I think so.. although it's been 24 years since I've seen it.

blueroc85 said...

I Loved this show....this is back when Nickelodeon was a new thing! I agree....the part where they said "I don't know" and got slimed was the best. I also liked the sketches with the weird Mom and Dad. Nothing today compares to this!

joe said...

It was kind of like 'Laugh-In' for kids.

Hairball said...

I agree that "I don't know" was the phrase that got you slimed and saying "water" got you drenched.

*suddenly Hairball is slimed and a bucket of water is thrown on her*

joe said...

**Sigh** some people never learn..

Lynda said...

hahaha, I use to love this show.

I remember the episode where the kid would do something bad so his mom would make him practice the piano, because he secretly loved to play piano.

I thought that was such a great idea.

Wings said...

Oh man, my brother and I used to watch that show ALL the time. Loved it!

joe said...

Lynda: When I was in school and wasn't into homework, I'd tell my mom I had an art project to do. I'd spend the hour drawing. She was so gullible.. I still haven't told her.

Wings: Yeah I never missed a day watching it.

Charmed said...

OMG! I remember the green slime!!

joe said...

Who can forget the green slime...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails