Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Monday, August 03, 2009

I was robbed:

Since mom wouldn't let me see Jaws when it came out in '75, she decided to take me to see Orca in '77.
I still haven't forgiven her....

10 comments:

wiec? said...

i remember being 5 yrs old when my mom and dad saw this in the movie house and left me at granny's house.

the next day i asked my mom how she liked Orca.
"it was silly. eat your toast." she told me.

years later she said Jaws made her so paranoid of water that she was nervous about washing her hair in the shower. Orca made her nervous about going to Sea World. she thought Shamu might snap and go on a rampage.

Orka did have a cool poster though.

joe said...

It was a really stupid movie.
And unlike Jaws, the whale wasn't the bad guy. They all deserved it..

Jim @ CoolStuffForDads.com said...

Don't think I saw Orca ... guess I won't bother. Jaws was another classic. Can still watch that today.

joe said...

It was even worse than Jaws 2.

joe said...

Or any Kevin Costner movie..

FilmFather said...

Aw, come on...at least you got to see Bo Derek get her leg bitten off and a killer whale fetus squirt out onto Richard Harris' poopdeck.

Maybe I shouldn't have typed this as I'm eating lunch...

joe said...

Well I'm glad I didn't read that until after my lunch. I'd have eaten alot more lightly, if at all.

Goggles Piasano Ritardo said...

orca was weak

joe said...

Tell that to Bo Derek.

Will Errickson said...

My parents wouldn't take me to see JAWS either--I guess I *was* a little young--but I was allowed to watch GRIZZLY on TV later on. It freaked me out in the first 10 minutes & I have never seen it since.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails