Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Monday, August 17, 2009

The summer of '77

Two of my favorite songs of that year were "Handy Man" and "Your Smiling Face". Handy Man got alot of airtime on the radio that summer. I purchased this album in the fall of that year through Columbia Records. I owed them for 12 more, but since I was only 9 they were basically screwed, but I got some great free albums that year..
While it's true that life isn't always fair, it's fun when it's unfair in my favor every once in awhile..

8 comments:

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

I used to do the same thing to book clubs. Sports Illustrated Book Club is still on the look out for me.

Hairball said...

I love James Taylor!!

joe said...

Dr. I always loved those "bill me later" deals.

Hairball: Me too!

grannyann said...

Your were such an onery kid.

joe said...

Hahaa i guess i was..

Ed Donnelly said...

Speaking of the summer of 77, have you posted on The Keane Brothers Show and music? You can listen to their two pop hits from that year (Sherry and Help,Help)) at their MYSPACE page at http://www.myspace.com/thekeanebrothers

joe said...

No Ed, never heard of those songs or the Keane Bros..

Ed Donnelly said...

Hi Joe,
Well, based on your age shown on your profile, you would have only been 9 and 1/2 years old when their brief series of 4 variety type shows were broadcast during the summer of 77. These young kids were extremely talented and entertaining and are still in the music business today. If you're interested in reading about them you can find much info at http://thekeanebrothers.wordpress.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails