Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Saturday, September 05, 2009

"Autumn frosts have slain July"...

It's fall already here in the northern Adirondacks. Actually, the leaves started changing colors a few weeks ago. On some trees, some of the leaves have already turned red. At night the temps have frequently dropped down into the mid-30's, while during the day it's been in the upper 70's. Fall is my favorite season, it always has been.

7 comments:

Hairball said...

I've been very happy that it has been getting down into the upper 60s and low 70s at night so we can turn off the AC and sleep with the windows open!

joe said...

I also love the smell of the air in the Fall, especially when people start burning their leaves.

C said...

you live in my old home town and i do remember how beautiful the fall is there. i got married in the fall because i love it so much. ah, to be up in the north country again, would be a dream.

enjoy it for me...

c

Jimmy said...

It must be beautiful there. I've never been in New England. Southern Indiana is pretty in the fall too.

joe said...

C: A couple of years ago, fall lasted until January 15, when we got the first snow. Last year we got snow in october.

Jimmy: Well, we're even because I've never been to Indiana. On another note, I'm not sure what the winters are like in Indiana, but here they're rather brutal. C could tell you all about them, which is why I'm sure she moved out.

Charmed said...

Fall is my favorite time of the year. That is why we chose to get married in October. I can't wait!

joe said...

You're getting married???? And I wasn't invited??

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails