Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

Friday, September 04, 2009

Misc. Remembrance:

Wings gave me this idea for a post:
When I was about 5, my aunt used to live about 4 doors away. She often babysat me when my folks would go out for the night. Once, when I slept over, I woke up really early the next morning before my aunt, uncle and cousins were awake. I figured instead of just lying in bed doing nothing, I'd get up and go home. My folks always kept the doors unlocked, so I just let myself in and went upstairs to my room. My aunt woke a couple of hours later, went to check on me and found me missing. She called my mom in a panic: "Joe's gone!! He's missing! He's not here!" My mother's response was "What do mean he's not there???? Where the hell could he be??!" She decided to check my room, and there I was sleeping in my own bed...
Hey what can I say, it was just time to go home..

10 comments:

Wings said...

Hah! Kids do the darndest things, don't they? But they make sense to the kid, I suppose! :)

Marissa said...

Your mom was really smart to check your room. I would've panicked and made the entire police force search the town with rescue dogs. Doh!

Hairball said...

You stinker!

joe said...

Wings: Yeah, made perfect sense. Then..

Marissa: Haha. I think when she asked "What are you doing here???" I basically said "I live here".

Hairball: Yes I was. And I still am..

Carol Brady said...

Now Hairball, you know how I hate that word...

joe said...

Way to go, Hairball. Now you've got Carol all upset. Congratulations.. I hope you're happy now..

Marco said...

Reminds me of a time when I was 3 years old in Ogdensburg on a shopping trip with my grandparents (he loved camel cigarettes :) ). We got separated in the store... Must have been looking at toys. When I couldn't find them I went outside to their car. I knew they wouldn't leave without it. They were freaking in the store and finally found me when they came outside to the car.

joe said...

Haha. So did they beat the crap out of you or what????
Btw, my grandmother was a winston gal. May next-door neighbor, an old lady, liked her camel non-filters..
she's dead now...

joe said...

.. of course, she was such a chain-smoker, Phillip Morris stock values plummeted almost instantly...

Marco said...

No, they were just glad they found me.
My gramps died to. Lyphatic cancer. He drove himself to the hospital and died 11 days after.
I'm with you Joe. I also don't know the attraction for menthol cigarettes. As if the regular ones weren't bad enough

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails