Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

Sunday, September 06, 2009

Who needs alarm clocks when you live on a mountain...

I live in a mountain community, and my house is on 51 acres. And so, being wilderness, I've got a pack of coyotes that hang out on my property. I don't let my dog out at night, because I'm afraid they'll rip him apart. I've yet to see any of them, but when they start howling, I can tell there's at least half a dozen or so.
They woke me up this morning at 4 o'clock.
Yes, sometimes, I really hate those coyotes...

6 comments:

C said...

be careful. when i was a kid, people got killed by them. and bears, too. and damn straight, i wouldnt be letting my doggie out alone at night. they'll eat him.

have you been to whiteface mountain yet? oughtta go, and go to the top at this time of year. it's beautiful.

c

joe said...

People say to me, rather condescendingly:
"Now bears are much more afraid of you than you are of them"
No way, they'll never be more afraid of me than i am of them. They're killers...
Never been to whiteface, never even climbed owl's head. I'm afraid i'll meet a bear.

joe said...

.. or a pack of coyotes...

grannyann said...

Please check this out and pass it on.
Thanks.
http://www.anntuckerblog.com/2009/09/one-light-bulb-at-time.html

teri said...

they would scare the crap out of me.

joe said...

Ann: Great post. I totally agree.

Teri: Yeah. They started coming around about a month ago. Maybe they were here sooner, but I never heard them before. It can be quite unnerving sometimes..
We've also got mountain lions and bears. My neighbor saw a mountain lion cross the road in the early morning hours about a month ago.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails