Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Monday, December 07, 2009

Good King Wenceslas looked out on the feast of Stephen, when the snow lay round about, deep and crisp and even:

Brightly shone the moon that night, tho' the frost was cruel, when a poor man came in sight gathering winter fuel. "Hither page and stand by me, if thou knowest it, telling. Yonder peasant who is he? Where and what his dwelling?" "Sire he lives a good league hence, underneath the mountain. Right against the forest fence, by Saint Agnes Fountain".

7 comments:

grannyann said...

I don't know what to say.

champagnejayne said...

Me either.
But "Good King Wenceslas" was one of the first Christmas songs I learned on the piano SO many years ago- 31 to be exact..

joe said...

Yeah Ladies there's not much to say. To be honest I kind of just posted it for the pic. I've had it in my files for, like, forever...
No comment necessary ;^)

Goggles Piasano Ritardo said...

Hence I will retire in the Squire where my cottage lay.

joe said...

Hahaha

Anonymous said...

Actually, thank you! I've heard the song a lot, but I never quite knew what the lyrics said. I've been curious about it for a long time.

Now I know!

joe said...

You're welcome.
Any time ;^)

Related Posts with Thumbnails