Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Non-70's, no-picture post since I haven't been able to upload photos for the past week:

I love chili. Mom gave me this chili recipe over Christmas, and I've made it a few times since. It's incredibly easy:

Ingredients:
1 pound hamburg
1 can niblet corn
1 can red kidney beans (undrained)
1 can stewed tomatoes
1 package Mccormick chili seasoning

Brown hamburg and drain fat. Mix into hamburg mccormick chili seasoning.
Add corn, kidney beans, and stewed tomatoes.
Bring to a boil and simmer ten minutes.

Note: Do NOT drain the beans. The water from the beans is the stock for the chili. Also, at first it will seem there isn't enough liquid, but the more it simmers, the more liquid forms. I usually let it simmer for 20 minutes. I serve it over white boil-bag rice and top it with a sharp, grated cheese blend.

8 comments:

joe said...

Also, it's excellent with corn bread or saltine crackers..

Wings said...

Cool! Gonna print this one and give it a go!

jm_kaye said...

Try it with ground sirloin, it's awesome.

joe said...

Wings, yeah you'll love it. And it's so easy.

Jm, I'll try that next time.

grannyann said...

I love chili so I copied your recipe. will have to try it. I have never thought to add corn to chili.

PS have you googled for info on your not being able to load pics? I've had that happen several times but they usually know and fix it eventually.

joe said...

No i haven't googled it, but i just loaded a pic on my footer, so i'm guessing everything's okay now.

As far as the chili, i never had it with corn in it before either, but it's good. Now i can't imagine chili withou it.

Jason, as himself said...

I love making chili. I will try this recipe...so simple!

joe said...

I made some yesterday. I make it at least once a week.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails