Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Thursday, February 04, 2010

For my friend 'Film Father':

Gonna tell you a story that you won't believe, But I fell in love last Friday evenin' WIth a girl that I saw on a bar room T.V. screen. Well, I was gettin' ready to get my hat, When she caught my eye and I put it back, And I ordered myself a couple o'more shots and beers. The night you know that I fell in love with a roller derby queen. Round and round, oh round and round, The meanest hunk o' woman that Anybody ever seen. Down in the arena... She was five foot six and two fifteen A bleached-blonde mama With a streak of mean. She knew how to knuckle, And she knew how to tussle and fight. And the roller derby program said That she were built like a 'fridgerator with a head. Her fans called her "Tuffy", But all her buddies called her "Spike". The night you know that I fell in love with a roller derby queen.

7 comments:

grannyann said...

What can I say? Sounds like you have it bad.

joe said...

Hahaha Jim croce, not me! I swear!

Retro Hound said...

We've introduced the kids to Jim Croce. The wife and I both heard a lot of him growing up. My dad had 2 8-tracks of Olivia Newton-John that he played non-stop when we were on long trips.

joe said...

She was a very pretty gal back then. I always liked her voice.

FilmFather said...

There she is...my "heavy-handed Hackensack mama."

Thx, Joe -- you are, without question, the man.

joe said...

(c:

joe said...

... although, to tell you the truth, even when this profile pic was taken, I still could've kicked that guy's ass..
Just sayin'

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails