Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Friday, March 19, 2010

Oh how I miss my Atari....

... and these 2 games were my faves. I played them for days on end.... although for the life of me I can't remember much else about them. I found the above pics HERE. Thanks Kooj (c:

10 comments:

Mimi said...

What was the Atari game that was in a castle and you had to kill dragons and travel thru labyriths? That was my fave. I also loved pitfall & freeway. Atari was totally awesome.

FilmFather said...

Freakin' LOVED Warlords. The exploding sound effects were awesome...especially when you smoked an opposing Warlord.

Check out this link for some funny alternate titles to Atari games (a couple are NSFW):

http://mightygodking.com/index.php/2008/04/21/fun-from-yesterday/

joe said...

Mimi: Not sure. I don't recall that one.

FF: I might google Warlords and see if I can find an on-line version.

ASBLACKASOBAMA said...

I couldn't find Warlords, but you can play Yar's Revenge here.... :)

http://www.atari.com/arcade

joe said...

Hey thanks!

Redbonegirl97 said...

Wow, memories.

Tiffany
http://liferequiresmorechocolate.blogspot.com

princessofmirth said...

Ha! Still have mine & it works. Everyone meet at my place for Donkey Kong, Pitfall, & Rice Krispy treats!

joe said...

Tiff: (c:

POM: Wow I haven't had Rice Krispy Treats in decades.

kooj said...

@Mimi - you're thinking of 'Adventure'. That game had one of the original 'easter eggs' programmed into it. err... can't think of what the heck it was though. Loved that game!

Chris said...

I have an old Atari 2600... and they recently came out with the Atari Flashback: a slightly smaller version of the old 2600--but with almost all the old games on it! It's very cool. Amazon is selling it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails