Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Okay, so the 80's weren't all bad...

Remember the game "Pitfall"? You can play it HERE.

14 comments:

TS Hendrik said...

Holy frijoles that site is awesome. Thanks for the tip!

Jim @ CoolStuffForDads.com said...

I had to look this up: the Atari 2600, released in 1977 - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atari_2600 - great game system! Pitfall released in 1982 - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pitfall! over 4 million copies sold!

Jim @ CoolStuffForDads.com said...

PS I was never that good at Pitfall ... I did play some Asteroids.

joe said...

TS: I'm also a fan of Donkey Kong and Popeye. I just found the site yesterday. I've been there all day. I have that little going on...

Jim: Asteroids was cool, but I liked the home version better. I sucked at pitfall too, but I like playing it.

grannyann said...

I never was good at these kinds of games.

ASBLACKASOBAMA said...

I loved this game.... But I don't remember ever beating it? Was it possible to beat Pitfall? Did it go on forever?

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

hmmm not sure where i was!
<><

joe said...

I never got to the end of it either. I always ran out of time.

Noe: Yeah, where WERE you????

Ally said...

Hey! I just blogged about Atari the other day! I loved Pit Fall!

joe said...

So did you ever beat it??

joe said...

... or were you as bad as Jim and Asblackasobama???? I heard they really stunk at the game..

kooj said...

there was a Popeye?! i grew up with these games but, alas, the dementia is settling in. flickr set of atari game manuals (popeye shown):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/joekral/sets/72157594432670289/

kooj said...

oh...and not to spam the comments. classic ad for that Atari Popeye game: http://www.flickr.com/photos/22047800@N07/3409157407/

proves u 'da man', Joe.

Momster said...

My mother took a picture of me in front of the TV screen, with Pitfall in the background, I must have had some good score, and we were going to send it in to . . . I have no idea. This was on the Intellivision format, we didn't have an Atari. I still have the photo, with me in a ruffled early 80's blouse, lol.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails