Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Sunday, June 06, 2010

Non-70's post:


In 1984, I was smitten by Cyndi Lauper. I'd never seen anyone like her before. The reason I was drawn to her was because she was different, and she reveled in it. I admire those who aren't afraid to be themselves. We only pass this way once and life's too short to pretend we're something we're not, just to fit in.
I had the above cassette. I haven't listened to it since then, though.

9 comments:

Wings said...

Loved Lauper in the 80s, still love her today. She is an original, for sure.

Kristie said...

I loved Cyndi's "Good Enough" song in the movie The Goonies. I had this cassette tape, too! She Bop was another fave.

joe said...

I wanted to shave my hair into that checkerboard pattern she had, but didn't have the nerve..

joe said...

Kristie: I also liked "Time After Time".

kimber p said...

the awesome thing about Cyndi is that she still looks as incredible as she did back then, her voice has only gotten richer and she's an amazing role model for women who dare to be different ... love love love her. her music is as relevant today as it was back when we were teens...it stands the test in my humble opinion..

grannyann said...

I have always like her. Did you see her on Celebrity Apprentice this season? You don't see her much anymore

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

I'm still a Cindi fan! I just saw her on TV not long ago. She still looks great!
<><

Ally said...

hey we posted about cyndi on the same day :) cool!

joe said...

Then it's true that great minds think alike ;^)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails