Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Fright Night:

This, except for The Shining, is my favorite horror film of all time. I saw it 3 times at the theater. I was underage, so I'd pay to see a lame movie then sneak into the room showing Fright Night after the ushers went back to the lobby and didn't notice. It was too easy, really. I saw it on television once but it wasn't the same as in the theathers. Awesome flick.

7 comments:

Kal said...

Love this movie. Funny and scarier than you expect. Roddy's best role which he should have won an Oscar for. That moment when Peter Vincent finds his courage is great. Everyone I show this too that was unaware of it, loves it. Doesn't need to be remade which I understand they are doing now.

sunnydaze said...

Never saw it.

FilmFather said...

Great film. Love their idea of a vampire as a suave bachelor next door. I love the moment when doubting Peter Vincent realizes that Jerry Dandridge isn't casting a reflection in his mirror.

Also, ever notice what Charlie's mom and Jerry are drinking when she invites him over? Bloody Marys. Awesome.

joe said...

Kal: I don't see why they need a remake. I haven't seen the movie in years but I bet it's held up well.

Sunny: Well you really missed out. But don't bother renting it, it's nowhere near as good as on the big screen.

FF: I never really knew for sure, but whatever happened to Charlie's mom???

Jim @ CoolStuffForDads.com said...

I missed this one also, although I did see The Shining which was great.

Hairball T. Hairball said...

Hi,Joe! *waves*

I also haven't seen this movie in many years. I should check if it's available on Netflix.

I too, enjoy The Shining. That movie is creeptastic!!

Anonymous said...

Best vampire movie of the 80's. Hands down. Here's hoping Dr. Who, Chekov and McLovin do a decent remake.