Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Non-70's Post:

I found the above while doing an image search for "house of tomorrow". The pic dates back to 1956. The artist was not too far off in certain circumstances; note the flat screen tv, or the pre-skype-style video conferencing system in the kitchen. The artist was off on 3 minor aspects of the painting, however. Only a handful of people have a private helicopter, not many people smoke inside their homes anymore, and nobody watches channel 3...

12 comments:

joe said...

and don't even get me started on that stupid smoking jacket

Blast from the Past said...

Apparently, the dog got to ride in the 'copter, while the cat was relegated to it's typical mushing duties...

joe said...

Like do they even sell smoking jackets anymore?

SkylersDad said...

All of my meals are delivered from a clear plastic cube also!

joe said...

I don't know what's up with the fact that the kitchen has no roof.

Blast from the Past said...

They probably assumed that a)we would be able to control the weather, or b)there's a big retractable roof that's open so we can't see it and it appears like an open-air kitchen.

SteveAsat said...

Cigars for grandfathers, as popular as ever. Putting your ass on a kitchen counter, more acceptable than before!

Sans Pantaloons said...

Fred was spot-on with the 3D flat screen TV and the microwave stove.
I had to give up my private helicopter after I ran out of blades.

joe said...

Blast: I love the artwork of it, though.

Steve: That was never allowed in our house (sitting on the counter). You just didn't do that. My folks were so uptight about that.

SP: Fred??? Sorry, you lost me

Zed said...

There's no Wii! But i must say, I absolutely love the refrigerator with the slide-out glass shelves. Very cool.

joe said...

I guess the artist had no clue that eventually kids wouldn't care about Westerns

joe said...

... and who knew that in the near-future all the women would have 16-inch waists

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails