Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Give Me Your Hand I'd Like To Shake It...

... I Want To Show You I'm Your Friend.

You'll Understand If I Can Make It Clear,

Its All That Matters In The End.

"Put It There If It Weighs A Ton",

That's What The Father Said To His Youngest Son.

"I Don't Care If It Weighs A Ton,

As Long As You And I Are Here, Put It There.

As long As You And I Are Here, Put It There".

If There's A Fight I'd Like To Fix It,

I Hate To See Things Go So Wrong.

The Darkest Night And All It's Mixed Emotions,

Is Getting Lighter, Sing A Song.

7 comments:

SkylersDad said...

That is beautiful, where is it from?

Suze said...

Lovely.

joe said...

Dad and Suze: It's a Paul McCartney song. I don't know the year.
BTW, happy father's day Chris. You're a great dad :)

Sex, Drugs and Bacon Sandwiches said...

Beautiful. The genius that is Paul McCartney.

joe said...

Yes. Although I don't think this one is that old.

david_b said...

From 'Flowers in the Dirt', a warm and beautiful Fathers Day song.

joe said...

I had no idea it was McCartney until I did the google search the other day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails