Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I know Beetlejuice wasn't the '70s, but it has to be one of my all-time favorite movies ever:

The Maitlands: We're very unhappy
Juno: Of course you're unhappy, you're dead...

5 comments:

lazlo1988 said...

Ah, yes... now youre into my era, the '80s. They had a lot of quirky, oddball movies in the '80s, Beetlejuice being a very good example. There was also Pee Wee Herman's Big Adventure, Buckaroo Banzai, Brazil, Real Genius.

(Of course, the '70s had all those great and quirky Monty Python and Mel Brooks movies.)

http://retroawesomeness.blogspot.com/

joe said...

Big Top Pee Wee is another of my faves.

blueroc85 said...

THis is one of those movies my brother and I used to watch over and over and over! I love it when the aet dealer doesn't believe in the ghosts and tells Delia off:

"Delia, you are a flake. You have always been a flake. If you insist on frightening people, do it with your sculpture."

And when the dead football player asks Juno where the mens room is:

"Men's room! Are you kidding? Can't you read signs?"

joe said...

Hahah

Jaggerfan1 said...

I love this movie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails