Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

Friday, June 17, 2011

Post-'70s remembrance:

The above pic was from a very early '80s sitcom called "Me And Mrs. C.". It only ran for about 8 episodes, but I only saw a couple. I do remember one episode, where they were short on the rent and had no way to pay it. They were trying to think of something to make for dinner, and the black girl (Geri) says to the older woman "Let's get a pizza". The woman said "Geri, we don't have enough money to pay the rent, and you want to order a pizza???". Geri replied: "Well, would we be able to pay the rent if we didn't order pizza???". I love that way of thinking.

5 comments:

Suze said...

Another short-run show I loved which got cancelled quickly was 'Double Trouble' with twins Liz and Jean Sagal. That was mid-'80s, though.

This is a very cool blog.

Caffeinated Joe said...

True enough, to a point, I guess. Order to many pizzas and that might be your rent paying problem! LOL

As for episode counts, "Me & Mrs. C" had 19 episodes over two seasons.

"Double Trouble" had 23 episodes over two seasons.

:)

joe said...

Thanks Suze (:

CJ: Hahah

Jimmy Fungus said...

I think I vaguely remember this show... Thanks for bringing it up.

joe said...

I'm curious as to what they're looking at. Geri seems extremely excited...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails