Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Post-'70s remembrance:

I used to manage a motel with 2 other people. It was The Ridgevale Motor Inn in West Chatham, Massachusetts, on the corner of Ridgevale Road and Route 28. We all lived in a 4 bedroom house that was attached to the office. I woke up early one morning and couldn't seem to get back to sleep. My co-worker sensed I was awake so he called out and asked me what the time was. I had a clock next to my bed but it wasn't a digital clock. I could sort of read the clock because the street light was shining through my window on to the clock so I told him it was 5:05. He asked if I was going to get up and I said I was going to try to get an hour's sleep. So he got up and I fell back asleep. I got up later and went downstairs, and when I got into the kitchen he was there and he said "You @$$*#%*". I asked him what his problem was. Apparantly when I told him the time, it wasn't 5:05 a.m, but it was really 1:25 a.m.. In the dark, I guess I got the hands confused. So he got up, took his shower, made coffee and then looked at the kitchen clock and it was only 2:30. And the office didn't open until 8:00. Sucked to be him.

2 comments:

Sunnydaze said...

LMAO!

Jane said...

Hi Joe!
My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
I was looking for blog posts about West Chatham to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
Hope to hear from you :)
Jane

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails