Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

The Fore n Aft Motel - Cape Cod, Massachusetts

In the late 80's, I had a small Motel Management business. This was our first motel, The Fore N' Aft on Cape Cod. I actually took this photo myself before I knew of Joel Myerowitz's poster of the same image. The motel stood on both sides of Route 6A in North Truro, also known as 'Beach Point'. Real Estate is not inexpensive on Beach Point. This property pictured is under contract for $1M. It is roughly 1 acre (more or less). There were also rental cottages right on the water. One year, on 4th of July weekend, a woman had rented a cottage for a week. 45 minutes after she arrived, she entered the office and informed me that the accomodations were not up to her standards, and she demanded a refund and checked out. I didn't persuade her to stay because I knew I would rent the unit to someone else. She left and I rented the unit 30 minutes later. The woman who checked out came back around 9:30 p.m. and asked if I had rented the unit, because she wasn't able to find accomodations elsewhere. I informed her that I did rent the unit, and we had no vacancies. There were no vacancies anywhere for 150 miles. I really enjoyed that.