Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Mothers and caterpillars don't mix.

In the summer of '74, we lived in a split level home. Off the upper level, from the dining area, was a sliding glass door that led to a deck. Mom used to sunbathe and fall asleep. One day, while she was sunbathing (and sleeping) my friends and I were playing with caterpillars. We went up onto the deck where mom was, and i placed a caterpillar on her stomach. We were standing around her in a circle to see what would happen. She opened her eyes, looked down at her stomach, and panicked. I got in so much trouble, especially when we started to laugh. I heard my first 4-letter words that day. I was grounded for the rest of the day. I was a pretty rotten kid. I don't think my friends were ever allowed over after that day. Come to think of it, mom was always fair skinned, and after all that sunbathing, I don't ever remember seeing her with a tan....