Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

When life imitates art (or vice versa)



In the mid 90's, I worked at a donut shop in Orleans, Mass (as mentioned in my bio). I worked behind the counter like the guy in the photo, but i didn't wear that hat or dress in white. This shop is EXACTLY the same as the one I worked at. It was called Sunrise Donuts. It's still there today. I also worked the evening shift (can you imagine working evenings in a donut shop????????). The only difference is there was a door in the corner right behind the guy sitting by himself. There was an inside door exactly where the one pictured is. It's uncanny. On the job application there was a question: "Why do you want to work at Sunrise Donuts?". I wrote: "Because donuts make the world a better place". I didn't sell many donuts, but I sold alot of coffee.