Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

LEGOs

Through most of the decade, I was a Legos freak. I loved Legos, big time. I used to build houses too, but they never came out as nice as the one pictured. The trees against the house in the above pic were introduced just about the time I outgrew Legos. And the original Lego people were big and clumsy.
Click pic for larger image.

11 comments:

Amy said...

Legos are still a part of my life. My kids are 12 and 14 (and 35, if you count Alex), and if they are bored enough they still play with them.

snowywoodz said...

Well Amy, since it's been like a week and I'm just getting back to you, you might not even see my reply. However, that's never shut me up before, so here goes:

If I had access to them (kid or nephew or whatever) I would probably play with them too. (o:

Doctor Mom said...

Ummmmm...
What are you doing hanging outside my house?

Stalker!

snowywoodz said...

Is that what your house looks like? I was expecting something grander. With columns and porticos and servants' wings...

Doctor Mom said...

Yeah, it's the servants' quarters

Did you come by to vote yet?

Ruby said...

Hmm, I wish I could be teleported back to the late 70's again... I had no idea things would change this much!

BTW! I love your blog...I did without TV too. A few years ago, I took mine outside and shot it. I lived on a farm then...and could do that. Too much media bombardment nowadays...

Ruby

snowywoodz said...

Hey thanks, Ruby. Although I haven't been updating this thing much these days. I mean, you can only remember so much about one decade. I have a hard time remembering what I had for lunch 2 days ago...

Ruby said...

I see what you mean...but you DO remember alot about Marcia!

Other than the Vietnam War, I remember this Toostie Roll commercial being my favorite! (i'm 36...)

http://myhomeoflove.tripod.com/shortstories/whenever.html

Ruby

snowywoodz said...

Of course, I remember alot about the Brady Bunch because I used to come home from school to an empty house. The key was left under the doormat. I would let myself in and phone mom at work and let her know I made it home safe. I was 8. I would watch The brady bunch re-runs and gilligans Island until she got home from work. I guess I was a latch-key kid. The Brady's were my babysitters.

snowywoodz said...

.. although I admit, I was in AWE of Marcia Brady. She was the big sister I always wanted...

Ruby said...

I wasn't a latch-key kid, but I did go to the telly after getting home. Gilligan's Island was my favorite. You are right, Marcia would have been a very cool big sis! used to get up really early for school just so I could watch Speed Racer and Johnny Quest reruns. Gomer Pyle too and I Dream of Jeannie. Ah, basking in the glow of a 13 inch TV!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails