Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Friday, July 02, 2010

Danger Island: Hannah Barbera at its cheeziest...

This show was part of the Banana Splits television show. It originally aired in the mid-60's, but I watched it in re-runs in the early 70's. I haven't seen it since then, but just by looking at some of the pics on the image results it was pretty bad...

9 comments:

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Wait...I loved that show!
<><

Main Line Sportsman said...

Uh oh..Chongo...
I loved Danger Island and was a member of the Banana Splits Club from some cereal box nonsense...
How about Jan Michael Vincent playing in Danger Island.

hobbyfan said...

I barely remember seeing the Banana Splits during its original run (1968-70), but caught up with the syndicated reruns as a teen.

Danger Island, a serial, was the best part about the show, music aside. You had a veteran actor (Frank Aletter, late of "It's About Time") heading up an ensemble mostly comprised of younger stars. Rockne Tarkington (Morgan) came over from "Tarzan". We all know what happened to Jan Michael Vincent post-"Island". Ronnie Troup went from "Island" to "My Three Sons". It's just too bad this couldn't be repackaged as a movie, but maybe WB could be convinced to remake it as such.

Bunched Undies said...

This still shows up once in a while on Boom network. They used the same background music as the HB sci-fi cartoons of this era. I saw an episode recently and Rockne Tarkington wrestled a fake aligator for what seemed like an eternity. It was directed by Richard Donner who went on to great fame and fortune. I thought I was the only person who remembered this show.

joe said...

Noe Noe: Well that's okay. Everyone's welcome here ... ;^)

Mainline: I thought that was him but wasn't sure.

Hobby: I liked the Huck Finn segment better..

BU: Nope, you're not the only one ;^)

hobbyfan said...

Actually, if you only know the Advs. of Huck Finn from the syndicated Banana Splits package, then you don't realize it actually was a stand-alone series that debuted the same year the Splits did (1968), but only lasted one year.

When Viacom distributed H-B series in the 70's, the Splits' syndicated set also included a 3rd 1968 series, the Adventures of Gulliver, plus repeats of Secret Squirrel & Atom Ant. An easy way to get 5 series together in one tidy package, but they're better appreciated on their own, IMPO.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

This show was almost as stupid as the Banana Splits themselves and that is saying alot. I have already expressed my utter contempt for this show and it's still shown daily on Teletoon Retro.

Jim @ CoolStuffForDads.com said...

Good post Joe. Forgot about this one!

joe said...

Hobby: No, I didn't know.

Jim: Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails