Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

So does anyone out there remember..



... The Wheat Thins commercials with Sandy Duncan?? And how Wheat Thins were "baked, not fried"? Mostly I remember the ones where she was walking through the wheat field, eating Wheat Thins out of the box. The above kind of looks like an early '80s release, though. I looked for a wheat field commercial pic, but no luck yet. Maybe someday; I'm sure I'll post about it again, I'm always repeating myself..

15 comments:

Caffeinated Joe (Wings) said...

I remember them well. And funny thing is, I was just talking to my son about Sandy Duncan. He had asked about other shows surviving when a lead left (ala Sheen & Two and Half Men) and I mentioned Valerie which became The Hogan Family with Duncan.

ChiTown Girl said...

Totally remember those commercials. I've always LOVED Wheat Thins. I'll let Sandy take the credit for that. ;-)

Lina said...

I remember those. We always looked for proof of her glass eye.

C said...

lmao yeah i remember this, and i remember she had one glass eye, poor sandaroony..


around here, we lerve our wheat thins, all flavors too!

josephgiridhar said...

Here it is all about my grand parents childhoods. It was no where related to the my search keyword. I suggest the visitor who are coming for Joo Magic can Visit our site...........

Sunnydaze said...

Oh yeah, I ermember this commercial ...as well as the glass eye story.

joe said...

All: I don't know of anyone who doesn't like wheat thins.
Anyone.

Ally said...

I remember! I remember! I loved Wheat Thins. My mom always bought these thinking they were the healthy snack for kids. She'd serve them to us with cheese and a box of Hi-C. Thanks for the memory!

FourthGradeNothing.com

teri said...

I love Wheat Thins!

joe said...

Ally and Teri: When I used to visit my grandparents on cape cod, the family would all head out on the boat and anchor ourselves by one of the little islands off Chatham. Us kids would swim and play, while the adults all got smashed on gin-and-tonics while pigging out on wheat thins. Yes those were the days..

teri said...

Joe, it was the "crack" of their day. too funny!

Cinema Nostalgia said...

Absolutely I remember those commercials with Sandy Duncan and I also recall one of my friends claiming there was a rumor she had a glass eye. This started a debate amongst us kids whenever the ad would go on. Still don't know if there was any truth to that or just nonsense.

Caffeinated Joe (Wings) said...

She doesn't have a glass eye, but she cannot see out of one of her eyes. A quote from her:


... many people think I have a glass eye. I had a tumor in my left eye which killed the optic nerve, but it’s my real eye. I just cannot see out of it. It remains a period of adjustment—sometimes things will be just out of range. I have no depth perception.”

This was in an interview where she was asked if she had scene the Family Guy scene about her "glass eye".

Caffeinated Joe (Wings) said...

I meant seen the scene, not scene the scene.

I tired.

joe said...

Teri: Once we pulled the boat up to a waterside restaurant, but management wouldn't seat them because they were so trashed..

CN: I think Wings just answered your question

Wings: Haha

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails