Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Misc. Remembrance:

One day in '78, I was sitting at the counter and mom's purse was sitting there. Nobody was around, so I opened her purse and found her wallet. I noticed a 20 dollar bill so I took it and put it in my pocket. 1 hour later, I was overcome by guilt so I put it back, then told her about it the next day. That was the last time I ever stole anything. Even though I returned it, to this day I still feel guilty about it...

5 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

First of all, welcome back! I've miss you terribly. :(

Wow, your mom obviously did a good job of instilling in you the difference between right and wrong, huh? How did SHE handle it? Were you punished in any way? If she was like most moms, I would think she would consider the way you felt punishment enough.

Jack said...

In the immortal words of Richard Boone ("Big Jake," 1971, John Wayne, Maureen O'Hara), "I thought you died!"

Welcome back. Didn't we meet over a tale of you ripping off arcades by only putting the quarter half-way in the slot or something like that? I guess ripping off your mom is a whole 'nother level of desperadoation, huh?

Well done!

joe said...

CTG and Jack: Nope, NOT dead, my friends. My computer crashed so I'm working from a library computer.
Mom wasn't upset. She was glad I was honest with her about it.

Dr. Theda said...

I really like the picture of the Clock.... I never suffer from "guilt"... I am "psychopathic" Simply put I have No conscience... But then again I try to be a good person and be of help to others...mostly the elderly....
...The only time I stole money... was many years past when I robbed that bank... They told the police that I was very well mannered for a robber.....I was much younger then....

Janet said...

20 bucks was *serious* money back in '78. You really came close to big-time crime.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails