Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Misc. Remembrance:

For some reason, in our neighborhood in the mid-'70s there was a surge in bundt cake popularity. Seems every week all the mothers were making bundt cakes and sharing recipes, and borrowing bundt cake pans. By the time the '80s came around, nobody was making bundt cakes. To this day I hate bundt cake (although to be honest I haven't had any since back in the day).

5 comments:

Dr. Theda said...

We never knew that they "went out of fashion"... many of the older ladies I know , who bake still make them and wall-mart carries these pans...

Diane said...

I remember making them back then fom box mixes. They were okay. Today I use a bundt pan for bread. Should try a cake again some time.

joe said...

Dr. T.: Yeah but it is Marshville after all. Things don't change there

Di: I think a couple of my neighbors used to include pudding in their bundt cake recipes

Brad said...

They were still way popular in my neighborhood, through the mid 80s at least. (Detroit suburbs). So bland, wasn't a big fan either unless there was a big scoop of ice cream with it.

joe said...

Ice cream makes everything better. Just sayin'