Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Does anyone remember...

... the episodes of "One Day At A Time" when Ann Romano would be going through a personal crisis, and at the end of the episode she would stand in front of a full-length mirror, all the lights would go dim, and she'd start to talk to her image and lecture herself??? Does anyone else think that's weird in retrospect???

7 comments:

SkylersDad said...

I only remember Valerie, she was blazed into my eyeballs.

ChiTown Girl said...

I don't really remember that, but, yes, I think it's weird!!

Anonymous said...

Never was a fan of the show, although I watched it with my family every week. Even though we only had like eight, nine channels it seems like there was always something decent to watch!

What I recall most about the show was how they had numerous two and four part storylines, and how like a lot of these '70's sitcoms the stories were often very preachy and heavy-handed.

Julie always got on my nerves, but Barbara was cute as a button!

Dr. Theda said...

So what we talk to ourselves in the Mirror often ... but, then again, We are diagnosed as having "Personality Fragmentation Disorder" ... So It might not be just "me" that we are talking to in that mirror...
Her talking to the mirror seems to suggest that she may some form of mental or social disorder...

joe said...

haha maybe so

Johnny Dimsdale said...

I remember the show fairly well, but don't remember that. Sounds horrendous! Though I appreciate the fact that they would attempt to do something new, and out of the box.

joe said...

It seemed perfectly normal at the time..