Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Reverse gender discrimination:

To this day I'm still upset that this was marketed strictly as a "girl's toy". I secretly wanted one so bad, but since it was a "girl's toy" I was embarrassed even to ask for it. I know you can't have everything, but still ...

3 comments:

Caffeinated Joe said...

Well, to make you feel a little better, my daughter got one and probably used it ONCE.

But I hear ya. I liked Mickey and Minnie Mouse paper dolls once and convinced my friend, a girl, to ask for them so I could play with them. LOL

ChiTown Girl said...

You probably already know this, but now they have a "boy's" version of this. Actually, they also have a "unisex" version.

We never had one of these. My dad thought it was stupid. I suppose my mom did, too. They both said if we wanted to bake a cake, we had a REAL oven!

joe said...

CJ: Nope, doesn't make me feel better...

CTG: I didn't know there's a unisex version now, but there wasn't one when I was a kid. And there's no way my folks would have let me use the real oven

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails