Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Friday, November 22, 2013

Tab:

I didn't care for Tab. It was kind of bitter and left a bad after-taste in my mouth. A lot of people did like it, though, although in hindsight they all seemed to be women. I don't remember any men liking Tab. Even in the above ad the glass has a female contour. I guess it was universally a chick thing. I believe the above ad is from '78.

11 comments:

John H said...

I remember that stuff. Never liked it. My mom refused to buy it because it was had saccharin.

I think it was by the same company that did R.C. cola which is still around.

Jack said...

Not with your mouth, young man!

joe said...

John and Jack: I hated Fresca too. That stuff was nasty

ChiTown Girl said...

OMG! I LOVED TAB! I was a bit addicted. I even have a TAB t-shirt. =)

And, yes, that "taste" was the saccharine, which was new to the market at the time. I remember when they basically took TAB off the market, when they discovered a link between saccharine and cancer. The brought TAB back years later, and I believe it's made with Splenda now. Don't quote me on that, though, because I'm not 100% sure. I'm sure I don't like the new stuff, though, because it doesn't have the same taste. >:(

And, yes, TAB was definitely marketed to women!

ChiTown Girl said...

Ohhh! And I forgot to say...

I LOVE Fresca, too!! It's seriously one of the only sodas I drink, as I try not to drink soda at all. But, I can't resist Fresca. Or Diet Dr. Pepper. Those are two of my weaknesses. =)

Coaster Punchman said...

One of my closest friends was the early 70s Tab girl. Yes, you may kiss my ring.

joe said...

Well I might not, but ChiTown Girl probably would... she's crazy about TAB

Cheryl Richards said...

Hated Tab. Like you said, it was bitter with a foul after taste. My Mom loved it, though.

And I love Fresca! Closest thing is Diet Mtn. Dew.

joe said...

I drank gallons of Mountain Dew when I was a teenager, before they switched from sugar to corn syrup. Now I just drink coffee....

Dr. Theda said...

Tab was the most Caffeinated drink on the market... that was its appeal... learned that in "marketing"
.. and my Friend... any suggestions on my "ghost"...???
kind of at a loss on this one...

joe said...

I'm guessing your ghost is probably a demon as well. Even if it wasn't, I'd still get rid of it if possible

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails