Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Tuesday, December 03, 2013

The "Chevette":

Mom purchased one in '78 from my future stepfather. Yes, she married her car salesman. I had 3 myself. Up until the mid-'90s you could still buy these used for about 500 bucks. Each one lasted me a few years. I lived in one of them, but that's for another post. They used to be everywhere, now you don't even see them in salvage yards. One day they all just disappeared.. For the money they were a pretty decent car, and from the different ads I saw they got about 40 mpg highway. I doubt they'll ever become collector items though. I guess the Chevette's gone for good.

5 comments:

John H said...

Lived in one? That's a post I want to read.
My sister had one and it hated her. Literally she once left it idling at the train station when she went to work, hoping it would be gone. Sadly it was still there. And she claimed as soon as she got in it died.

Super-Duper ToyBox said...

Ha! I had one too- drove the wheels off that thing

Caffeinated Joe said...

I had one, too. It was my second car and I loved it. Broke down on the highway on the way to work one night and when I got back in the morning, someone had smashed all the windows. Towed it home and then donated it to some foundation who took it away. Miss it, I liked it.

Hairball T. Hairball said...

My late uncle had one in the mid-eighties as his commuter car. (He and my aunt lived about an hour away from his workplace.) He also taught me and my two cousins to drive in that little blue car.

joe said...

John: Maybe soon. I seem to be running short on ideas lately.

SDTB: They were fun to drive.

CJ: Seems like either everyone had one, or everyone knew somebody who did.

HTH: Mom taught me to drive in hers also. You just gave me an idea for a post.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails