Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Friday, June 06, 2014

Don't Blow Your Top:



The above pics are from an eBay listing. The game is dated 1972, and I'm pretty sure I received one in the Christmas of that year. We played this one alot until we ran out of balloons, then I think my mom threw it out. I don't know why we just didn't buy more balloons, but whatever. I guess whatever number the spinner pointer landed on was the number of marbles you dropped into his hat, and whoever made his head explode was the loser. I loved watching his head explode, so much in fact that I didn't mind losing. Just watching his head explode. Yeah that was awesome.

4 comments:

Diane said...

Funny you should post this since a month or so ago I was trying to find a game online that I'm pretty sure was called, "Don't Blow Your Top" from the same era. My sister had it, but it was an entirely different game with a plastic bird with funky hair that flew off (I'm not making this up). Anyway, all I could find was the game you showed here. I'll have to keep looking. And aren't the graphics from that time just too cool??

joe said...

Hmmmm don't remember that one. I just tried to google it but no luck

Diane said...

Thought I would update for your readers-- the game I described is called, "Pop Yer Top."

joe said...

Thanks Di! Although I have to be honest I never heard of it before. I'll check out the youtube clip you emailed me

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails