Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Monday, July 07, 2014

Brady Clips:

video
video
video
video

In 1975 and '76 when I'd come home from school, starting at 3:00 I used to watch back-to-back Brady Bunch re-runs on Channel 56. After the Bradys would be Gilligan's Island then The Flintstones. I never missed a day. Although I have to admit I'm a little fuzzy on the order of episodes and the times, but then again my memory isn't quite what it used to be.

7 comments:

steve said...

No love for Match Game? Communist.

Diane said...

Our local channel played The Flintstones and Gilligan's Island too. Not the Bradys though. I forget what else. I know Andy Griffith and Dick Van Dyke came on closer to evening.

joe said...

Steve: I do. I swear...

Di: I'm so sorry..

Caffeinated Joe said...

Watched on Channel 56, too. We were probably watching at the same time.

joe said...

There was WLVI channel 56 and WSBK channel 38. I watched some 38 but mostly 56

Caffeinated Joe said...

Those were the channels I had, too. We had ABC (channel 12), NBC (channel 10), CBS (channel 6), PBS (channel 2) and Channel 56 and 38. Anything else was too static-y to enjoy fully.

joe said...

It's almost like we grew up in the same house

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails