Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Saturday, July 05, 2014

Soul Train Saturday

video

"Ooh Child" by The Five Stairsteps

7 comments:

Diane said...

Cool font, cool colors, cool clothes-- how I miss "cool!"

joe said...

although I don't really miss the clothes. Can't really see any outfit in the clip that I'd want to wear

Rockett Davey said...

So Groovy
Love this new series
I know you'll pick the Best
-Sam

joe said...

Thanks Sam!

DJWildBill said...

The best of the era got overlooked by radio, "The Dynamic Superiors" doing "Shoe Shoe Shine" should have been HUGE but wasn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAcp0vMFYOo

These guys were years ahead of their time and fame was never to be.

I look forward to more excellence in this new series. Soul Train was a wealth of talent that mainstream radio never played.

joe said...

It seems like it was kind of like the black version of "American Bandstand"

joe said...

.. I'll check out the video..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails