Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

Monday, December 08, 2014

Stuff I had:

I guess it was around '76. It was probably one of the last lunchboxes I had. As I recall, something happened to it and it got destroyed, so mom replaced it with a blue one since yellow was sold out. I always brought my lunch to school because I hated the school lunches, plus I was really into lunch boxes. There was always one kid in school who had one of those boring red-plaid lunch boxes, and as I recall they were always eating alone. I'm not sure exactly how much my lunchboxes would be worth on today's collector's market, but I bet they'd fetch a few hundred dollars total if I sold them all, especially since half of them were metal. I've thought about maybe snagging one off eBay for sentimental value, but I have a hard time spending 50 bucks on something that cost 2 bucks back in the day. I'm so damn cheap..

8 comments:

Dr. Theda said...

the "Rambo" lunch box was the last of the "metal" ones made..... Metal one were then considered as "dangerous"....

joe said...

The metal ones were the best

Diane said...

I had a red plad lunchbox-- handed down from an older cousin, and I still have it (I wonder if she knows that?!). I never ate alone either! A little older, I switched to brown lunch bags. Coinicidentally enough-- I have the yellow Snoopy lunchbox you pictured. I bought it cheap (I'm cheap too) at a flea market many years ago. I keep craft supplies in it-- not sandwiches.

joe said...

no offense to any red-plaid-types

Tom said...

That Snoopy lunchbox was my first and only lunchbox. One day after coming home from school in second grade, I threw it (not in anger, just because I was home) and it hit the ground and cracked. I don't blame my mom for not buying me another one.

joe said...

Not to be too off-topic, but back in the day I was crazy about Burger Chef. I practically lit a candle the day they closed and Burger King took their place.

Sonya Ann said...

I had one of these! And now my day is complete. Thank you for the memory.

joe said...

So did you have the blue or yellow???