Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

Monday, December 22, 2014

The Creature Double Feature:

This was a Saturday favorite, although I didn't get a chance to watch it every Saturday because usually by 1:00 pm my folks would decide I'd watched enough TV and would make me go outside and play. It was all basically b-list movies at their cheesiest. I loved the old Vampire movies the best. The Man With The X-Ray Eyes and The Brain That Wouldn't Die were also faves. Eventually I stopped watching it altogether when all they showed were Godzilla flicks. The above ad was dated May 5, 1976 in the image description.

8 comments:

Caffeinated Joe said...

Watched it a lot, too, mainly when we were at my Grandmother's house on the weekend.

joe said...

I saw a couple of clips of "The Brain That Wouldn't Die" on YouTube. I liked it a lot better when I was a kid.

kids teens said...

Thank you for visiting this site kids and teens blogs http://kidstoteens.blogspot.com/

joe said...

No, thank you ;^)

Richard Krueger said...

I lived in Chicago and was in kindergarten/ 1st grade. I remember begging my mom to watch the creature feature every weekend. I had to beg because she was tired of me having nightmares and waking them up in the middle of the night. This is the first time since then I have ever heard about the "Creature Feature".

joe said...

Yeah it was awesome. Until all they showed were Godzilla films. I liked the vampire ones the best.

Sarah Daniels said...

i thought that was a local Boston thing, did they show it all over?

joe said...

As far as I know it was only a local thing...