Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Saturday, February 18, 2012

I was just thinking about..




... balsa wood planes. I think they sold them for a dime back when I was little. I haven't seen one in years. These kept me occupied for hours. I wonder if they still sell them.

4 comments:

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

I think they do! I remember these as well; my brothers had one constantly around the house (getting stepped on, of course).

Dex1138 said...

Definitely one of my favorite summer time toys as a kid! I have seen them in stores recently, Usually in the educational type toy stores.

I remember we used to make missiles out of the planes by taking the main wings off and just leaving the tail fin and rudders on.

David said...

Sure, these are still around. Try ACE Hardware or Michaels or any of the hobby shops. Still pretty cheap... good thing since they never lasted more than an afternoon.

joe said...

If I had kids I'd check it out, but I'd feel kind of self-conscious standing in my yard playing with my balsa wood plane..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails