Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Random:

Since it's Saturday morning I thought I'd do an image search for '70s cereal premiums and found the above. It looks to be late '50s / very early '60s. I don't ever recall wanting a pony as a kid. I wonder what the cereal was, probably Wheaties or something.. or maybe it was a commercial during The Lone Ranger or Roy Rogers. Either way I wonder if any kid actually won that horse, although I doubt it.

2 comments:

Jack said...

Good morning, Joe. I don't remember this one, but from the dress slacks and pre-Mattel toy gun the kid's wearing, I'd date it mid-50s at the latest. Kids in that era were deluged with a nonstop barrage of western characters, and ate, breathed, and slept cowboy gear; I remember having sleeve cuff whose purpose was to hold a row of fake leather fringe that hung from my wrists to my elbows. Having a real horse was just the ultimate cowboy accessory, and every boy's ultimate dream. Come to think of it, growing up in the 'burbs, I don't recall ever seeing one around the neighborhood, either...

joe said...

I've always been skiddish of horses. I rode once and I didn't take to it very well. My instructor eventually yelled at me. I've always been a poor student

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails