Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Monday, March 05, 2012

Misc. Remembrance:





Throughout the decade, my grandparents used to rent a site at the Bourne Scenic Campground for an entire summer in their Coachman trailer. Usually they'd get a site overlooking the canal. I'd stay with them for a week. I always looked forward to it. One night, circa 1975, a cruise liner passed through the canal, right in front of their site. The ship honked its horn, music was blaring, and the passengers were hollering out greetings to the campers and vice verse. It caused quite a commotion. And I slept through the whole damn thing...

5 comments:

Dex1138 said...

From what I'm told my great (or maybe great, great?) grandfather helped build the train bridge over the canal that can be raised and lowered.
I don't feel I explained that well, but having been to the Cape, I bet you know exactly the bridge I mean.

joe said...

I sure do. Back in the day I always wanted to see it working, but never did.

joe said...

... although I can't remember if that was the Bourne bridge or the Sagamore bridge ..

C said...

hi joe, hope all is well with you up in the ole north country! this would of been my luck, too, to sleep through the "fun"...

joe said...

When I'm asleep, it takes alot to wake me up

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails