Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Monday, March 26, 2012

Question:

So how many of you out there watched The Hardy Boys back in '76?? Or was it '77??? I don't think it lasted for more than one season. I think I saw one episode, because it really wasn't one of my faves. My cousin Michelle had Shaun's poster on her wall, and she had his record "Da Do Ron Ron", but if you asked her about it now she'd probably deny it. Well, at least I know the truth...

10 comments:

Dex1138 said...

I used to watch it once in awhile but I was more a Nancy Drew fan (hubba-hubba!)

We have both seasons of the Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries on DVD.

Caffeinated Joe said...

I watched, this and the Nancy Drew show. Lasted longer than one season, almost 50 episodes all total. 70s fun!

Retro Hound said...

Oh yeah, I used to watch it! I loved the books.

Justin S. Davis said...

I watched it religiously...but since it aired on Sunday nights, I'd sometimes only get to see only half of any given episode because we'd sometimes go to church. Stupid night church!

And to this day, I will NEVER forget the episode where Lorne Greene was revealed as a vampire. The most incongruous Dracula that ever was!

ChiTown Girl said...

I also had a major crush on Shaun Cassidy, but I don't really remember watching an episode of The Hardy Boys.

Darrin.. said...

I liked em' as a kid. Especially the episode when they went to Universal Studios!

Janet said...

I watched it, and it was okay, but Shaun Cassidy was just a pale imitation of My True Love David Cassidy. *sigh*

joe said...

All: Back then I had no idea Shaun was David's brother. Still if I had to choose between watching "Hardy Boys" or "Partridge" I'd choose the Partridge Family.

Janet said...

As a devoted Tiger Beat Magazine reader (I even had a letter published!), I knew ALL about David Cassidy's family. Sometimes I miss being obsessed about something that frivolous . . .

joe said...

Yeah back then I really wanted to know what Maureen McCormick's favorite flavor of ice cream was. I never had the chance to ask her and it really bothered me not knowing...

Related Posts with Thumbnails