Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

Sunday, January 29, 2006

My favorite 70's movie scenes:

Frankie and Annette gone terribly awry.. Posted by Picasa

My favorite move scenes are:

  • The opening scene in Jaws. Well, duh!
  • When John Travolta’s father smacks him in the head in Saturday Night Fever, and John says: “hey, watch the hair!”
  • When Veruca Salt gets sent down the chute because she’s a rotten egg, in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (the Gene Wilder version, not the latest Johnny Depp version).
  • The part in Harold and Maude when they steal the cop’s motorcycle.
  • When Jenny dies in Love Story, because you knew, finally, that the movie was almost over.
  • When Linda Blair's head does a '360' in The Exorcist.

(I’ll add more when I think of them. After all, it was 30 years ago…). Click on the photo for a larger image.