Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Thursday, January 29, 2009

For the record:

Burger Chef had a happy meal way before McDonald's did. I probably even had the above fun meal back in the day.

12 comments:

Sans Pantaloons said...

I haven't heard of Burger Chef. Are they still in business?

joe said...

Hardee's bought them out. I think in the early 80's.

joe said...

Damn 80's...

CoolStuffForDads.com said...

I never heard of Burger Chef either, I think there was a Jack in the Box around us, but don't recall ever eating there, mainly McDonald's and Burger King. I ate some Hardee's in the 80s while in college, I liked their burgers ...

joe said...

Ah, I forgot about Jack in the box. I worked at a Hardee's in '85. My parents wouldn't take me to JITB because they didn't like it. I did, but since they were paying....

Cheer34 said...

Never heard of Burger Chef....we had Carrolls

joe said...

Hmmm, never heard of that one. How was it?

Marjorie said...

I've never been there either.

Anonymous said...

Didn't Hardee's have promotional characters originally?

Also, I remember simlar packaging on some frozen dinners marketed for kids. It was so cool to set the box up like a diorama while eating dinner!

Redsoxfan said...

Never ate there it was McDonalds all the way

Anonymous said...

I loved Burger Chef! 1970s. Clarksville, TN

joe said...

Yeah they were great

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails