Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Wilderness Family:

In 1975, dad took me to the movies to see "The Wilderness Family". I loved it. After seeing it, I wanted to live in the wilderness in a log cabin. Now I do live in the wilderness in a log cabin, and I'd do anything to sell this damn place....
On another note, I believe it was this movie where I saw the promo for JAWS before the movie started. My parents wouldn't take me to see that one, though...

8 comments:

Cheer34 said...

I never like Jaws...I fear the water and all that lives in it

joe said...

I don't like the ocean when it's turbulent and you can't see the bottom. I like to know what I'm stepping on.

CoolStuffForDads.com said...

I remember this, and I too wanted to move to the wilderness. I never got my log cabin, maybe I should make you an offer. Also, don't forget Grizzly Adams, that was another wilderness movie from the 70s. I did Google this and it looks like they made it into a TV show also, which I am not sure if I remember that or not.

gilligan said...

Lots of going back to nature stuff in the early to mid 70s for sure: Grizzly Adams, Little House on the Prairie, The Waltons, Jeremiah Johnson,... remember "me and you and a dog named Boo livin' off the land"?

I think by the end of the decade everyone went to disco and decadence and Pa Ingalls was a distant memory.

Great stuff here!

joe said...

Cool Stuff: I did a post on Grizzly Adams. I'm not sure of the date, but you can do a search for it at the top of my header bar.

Gilligan: I remember that song. I loved it. I don't recall Jeremiah Johnson, though..

gilligan said...

It was a Robert Redford film we would have been too young to appreciate when it came to the theaters.

Taglines:

His Mountain. His Peace. His Great Hunts. His Young Squaw. With All That, It Should Have Been Different.

Some say he's dead...some say he never will be.

joe said...

Well if he wants he can have my mountain because frankly I'd love to get out of this place....

Marjorie said...

You and me both kiddo, let's rob a bank and move to New Zealand.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails