Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

Sunday, January 25, 2009

A 70's Saturday morning ritual:

Pictured above is a line-up of cartoons for 1974. My faves were Bugs Bunny, Hong Kong Phooey, and the Superfriends. My other fave was Land Of The Lost (not shown. I think they were CBS). I'd get up real early on Saturday morning, and sit in front of the tube and watch my cartoons with a bowl of cereal (I don't think kids do that anymore). My parents thought I was real quiet because I didn't want to disturb them, but really it was because I didn't want them to wake up because I enjoyed the 'alone time'. The only difference was that in my area, ABC was channels 5 and 12, CBS was channels 6 and 7. NBC was channels 4 and 10. Channel 2 was PBS, and channels 25, 38, and 56 were local Boston stations.
Click pic for larger image.

5 comments:

Miss Alex said...

the artist was Fiona Apple... am i nuts or did you change your whole page?

Miss Alex said...

Ha I am nuts. but i like your blog i've been here before I just confused it with someone but I know i've surfed your page before... good stuff

Cheer34 said...

are you moving again?

joe said...

Miss Alex: Nope, you're not nuts at all. I'm kind of squirrelly when it comes to blogging. I just can't seem to stay in one place very long...

Cheer: No, not moving. But this was my first blog, and I want to start keeping it up again. Thanks for putting up with me (c:

Redsoxfan said...

My son gets up on saturdays sometimes and does it, except he eats the cereal out of the box and the cartoons he watches are just weird to me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails