Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Saturday, April 17, 2010

1973 Magic Shot Shooting Gallery:


I spent hours playing this thing (actually, I had it for a few years and played it quite frequently). It was one of my all-time faves. To this day I have no idea how the gun was able to shoot the bb's from the other side of the plexi-glass...

8 comments:

Tennis Girl said...

Joe,
I love your posts. They just bring back so many memories. My age range in the 70's was 14-24, so alot of changes growing up and the world, as we knew it, too. All and all, tho, a good time to grow up for me :)
Robin

Jim @ CoolStuffForDads.com said...

OK Joe, I had forgotten about this one, but I too had as a kid, and enjoyed as well. Great post!

PS I don't know how the bb's were shot either.

Brian B said...

I had totally forgotten about this one!!!

We had it and played it all the time.
I think we had it until the gun quit working.

The magnet picked up the BB and then a spring loaded rod shot out and flicked the BB that was dangling for the magnet.

It had some force too.
Thanks for the memory of that game it was fun. How did I forget it?

joe said...

Thanks Robin ;^)

Jim: I think this might've been a popular toy back then.

Brian: Well you can't remember everything...

ASBLACKASOBAMA said...

Somehow I've never seen this toy.... Any chance you could make a video of it in action?

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

I never saw this one Joe. Not even sure if my brothers had one.
<><

joe said...

ABAO: Um, if I still had it, I would...

Noe: Too bad. You really missed out.

indy said...

The one I found at YouTube isn't as old, but I guess it works the same way ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nR44pynQMs

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails