Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Thursday, April 08, 2010

How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat. Some dance to remember, some dance to forget.

So I called up the captain: "Please bring me my wine." And he said: "We haven't had that spirit here since nineteen sixty nine." And still those voices are calling from far away - wake you up in the middle of the night, just to hear them say: "Welcome to The Hotel California. Such a lovely place, Such a lovely face".
They livin' it up at The Hotel California. What a nice surprise, bring your alibis.

6 comments:

Mnmom said...

I never got that song. But I still sing along and know every word!

C said...

welcome back, joe. i hope you had a wonderful time on the cape! i have always loved this song,,, it can be interpreted many many ways... it holds many good memories for me growing up in malone. the older i get the more i seem to appreciate all we had growing up in malone, pertainng to the safety factor back then, even tho we didnt have much, we had alot.

c

joe said...

Mom: I think it was about a mental institution. The guy smoked some funky colitas and, well, you know the story.....

C: Yeah not much crime up here. Ever think of moving back??

grannyann said...

are you back already? tell us all about it.

C said...

no joe, i wont ever move back but may jot up there for a visit... one day.... and if i do, i will let you know on here so we can meet up somewhere! well, thats if you wanna... it'd be fun... is the old fairgrounds still there down in the lower flat, i grew up on center street. many years ago, they raced horses there. then thats where the malone fair always used to be. me and my ex husband used to go watch the tractor pulls and demolition derbys... he still has family there and i still have a few friends there...

chris

c

Ms Plow said...

What a great song! Never get tired of it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails