Using my blog to try and make the world a better place. If I can help someone forget their troubles for a few minutes a day, it's all worth it.

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):

1973 (btw, is it just me, or do I look like the first-season Bobby Brady in this pic?????):
I watch the ripples change their size, but never leave the stream of warm impermanent sand. So the days flow through my eyes but still the days seem the same. And these children that you spit on as they try to change their world are immune to your consultations. They're quite aware of what they're going through.

Friday, April 30, 2010

True:

When I was 5 yrs old (circa. '73), the girl who lived across the street from us had a large Dawn Doll collection. She also had a habit of sticking small things, including Dawn Doll shoes, up her nose, and then blowing them out and seeing how far she could shoot them across the room. Once she stuck a pea up her nose, but she shoved it up a little too far and couldn't get it out. She didn't tell anyone until it started to rot. Her mom ended up taking her to the outpatient to have it surgically removed. To this day I bring it up from time to time to tease her.

6 comments:

C said...

bwahahahahaha i bet she loves you! my youngest son got a kicks cereal stuck up his nose and had to get it dug out in the ER when he was one. what possesses kids to do this, i ask myself...

c

Ally said...

I sorta love this. It's so freakin' cute!

FourthGradeNothing.com

joe said...

C: I don't know why she puts up with me...

Ally: Yeah it is ;^)

ASBLACKASOBAMA said...

Are you married now? Or just still friends?

joe said...

If we were married there's no way I could bring it up and get away with it.. I may email her this post since she doesn't seem to visit my site at all.
Of course, if I happened to let it slip that her name's Elaine, she'd really be ticked off...

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

GAH! My bother did stupid stuff like that!
<><

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails